Tuesday 16 February 2010

Faith? They have it!


I love ancient cultures so I decided to visit Aquincum, the ruins of a Roman colony in the territory of today’s Budapest. At first, I thought it would be a good idea and I would be able to take pictures of mithraeums and other religious sites. The only thing I had forgotten was to check whether it was open or not. It turned out that they do not welcome guests in winter. I was very disappointed.



I was on my way home when I met a friend. She was going to a tabernacle where she goes if her parents make her to. She persuaded me to join her, so I said yes - why not? - I am in the Religion team anyway. While we were walking she told me a lot of information about Pentecostalism. Before that, I thought they were only a smaller sect but I had to realise that it was an acknowledged religion and it had about 500 million followers. I cannot even count till then.

Pentecostals want to revive the worship styles and teachings of the early church. It is interesting that they believe in wonders and healings. I don’t know why, but I thought that they were materialists.

I felt ok during the service. Later I talked to a lady who said that she had been to a larger convention which had about 100 believers. She also told that when she was there they treated her like she was an outsider. However, when I was in this convention, which had approximately 15 members, most of them wanted to know me and asked me if I was going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment