Sunday 14 February 2010

I love being a commuter...



It was a cold and bitter day, when I went to take some photos. Snow was falling like feathers from a giant’s pillow. It was beautiful but most pictures are awful. By the end of the day I felt I was freezing. It was a relief to get on the train and go home at last. I was about to get on the train when someone touched my shoulder and informed me that I was about to get on the wrong train. It was the same controller I had seen many times before. He smiled warmly and pointed at the right train on the next platform.

The carriage was warm and friendly. An old lady carried a heavy suitcase and a younger guy helped him to put it on the luggage rack. I felt warm which did not come from the heating system only but also from people's hearts. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's my dad on the picture. Isn't he lovely? He always calls me for lunch, when we meet at the Western Railway Station.

    ReplyDelete